Medical Fiber Optics
Fiber optics have been used in the medical industry for years. The physical characteristics of fiber make it a natural choice for many different applications. Commonly used for illumination, flexible image bundles, light conductors, flexible light guides, laser delivery systems, and equipment interconnects, fiber optics provide a very compact, flexible conduit for light or data delivery in equipment, surgical, and instrumentation applications.
Traditional medical fiber optic applications include light therapy, x-ray imaging, ophthalmic lasers, lab and clinical diagnostics, dental hand pieces, surgical and diagnostic instrumentation, endoscopy, surgical microscopy, and a wide range of equipment and instrument illumination.
Medfibers manufactures multiple glass and plastic optical fiber products for use in a myriad of medical applications.
Fiber Optics for Medical Research
Medical research covers a wide range of applications and areas of study within the medical field. Often, fiber optic products in this area are designed to be very application specific as each products requirement is intended to support and/or test a theory, procedure, or instrument. While some applications share various product attributes with another product, the vast majority require precise and unique characteristics achieved through specialty product design.
Medfibers specializes in application specific and custom product design, development, and manufacturing. Our medical fiber optic technologies have been designed to allow a high degree of customization and specialty product development. This balance of technology and customization capability enables Medfibers to create the exact product with the precise tolerance that your application requires.
Fiber Optics for Medical Instruments
Medical Instruments utilize fiber optics for a variety of applications including illumination, image transfer, and laser signal delivery.
A large portion of the fiber used in these applications support site illumination either as an integrated component of an instrument or as an individual light source.
- Examination lights
- FO headlight
- Vet otoscope
- Laryngoscope (blade illumination)
- Anoscope (with annular illumination)
- Binocular indirect ophthalmoscope
- Microscope illumination
- Heart catheter
- Mediastinal emphysema caused by a dental laser
- Lasers for Dental
- LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
- Global Industry Analysis on Medical Laser Technology Market, 2015 to 2021
- The Effect of Low Level Laser Therapy on the Rate of Tooth Movement and Pain Perception during Canine Retraction
- Effectiveness of diode laser as adjunctive therapy to scaling root planning in the treatment of chronic periodontitis
- Laser Therapy in the Treatment of Dentine Hypersensitivity
- Laser Fibers Application in Periodontics
- APPLICATION OF Nd–YAG LASER TREATMENT FOR ORAL LEUKOPLAKIA
- Indications and limitations of Er:YAG laser applications in dentistry